- Set Personal Goals – Personal goals define personal success. Success cannot be achieved unless goals have been set ahead of time.
- Visualize Success – Picture the outcome of your efforts. Use it as motivation to get you there.
- Work Hard – Be ready to sweat. Success comes at a cost. That cost is hard work.
- Learn From Your Mistakes – Mistakes are inevitable, and they are also the single greatest element of education.
- Never Quit – Quitting is failing. Brush yourself off, reevaluate your approach and try again.
- Keep Training – Self-study is vital. Never stop learning new material and never stop training with the material you already know.
- Assist Others – You must always give back what you take. Be a student and a teacher. You will learn something new in both roles.
- Maintain a Relaxed Mind – Relaxation is a critical part of keeping a clear perspective. Even under stressful conditions you must maintain mental equilibrium… breath.
- Value Your Mentors – A good mentor understands where you’ve been, where you intend to go, and is also chock full of priceless firsthand advice. Respect your mentors and value their opinions.